About LWYC

History of the Lake Wissota Yacht Club

LWYC was established in 1958 by sailors who were living on the lake and had an interest in sailing, more specifically racing C scows. In 1972 the members purchased the current property and became a legal entity.

In 2010, a major remodeling of the main clubhouse was undertaken resulting in a clubhouse more geared towards club activities and with modern facilities.  In 2013-14, the launch ramp was rebuilt providing deep water launch access for club members.

Sixty-five memberships with a wide variety of boats support the club, which is directed and managed by an all-volunteer board.  Members enjoy sailing on Lake Wissota, participating in various social activities including sailboat races, monthly gatherings and working to maintain the club and property.

Location
The club is located on the northern banks of Lake Wissota, three miles northeast of Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin.

Lake Wissota Yacht Club

Subpages (1): More About LWYC