Annual membership is open to all persons 18 years and older (includes partner and unmarried children under 22). The Club’s mission is to promote recreational sailing, conduct races and regattas and provide a clubhouse and grounds for members and their guests to enjoy. Sailboat ownership is not required. We are an all-volunteer organization and members are encouraged to help out with social events and Club maintenance.
If you are interested in sailing or learning to sail, Club membership is a great way to connect with knowledgeable sailors. If you want to become a member or would like more information about the club, please complete the Membership Interest Form and we'll contact you to discuss your interests and how to get started. For information about moorings and how to safely moor your sailboat, visit our Mooring section.
Rules and Guidelines of the Lake Wissota Yacht Club
Adopted by the Board of Directors ( Rev. 9/2023)
1. Lake Wissota Yacht Club (LWYC) membership and fees paid in full by March 15th shall reserve the mooring and/or dry sail space used by the member in the prior year, provided the rules below are followed.
2. Members shall not launch, store or moor a boat at the Club until membership and fees are paid in full.
3. Members shall purchase either a dry sailing space or a mooring space to keep their sailboats at LWYC for each season. LWYC is not intended to be a long-term storage facility. The Club’s property is designated for the parking of member’s sailboats that are actively sailed and/or participate in LWYC events. Members may be asked by the Board of Directors to move or remove any sailboat that has not been active or sailed for more than two consecutive seasons. At the Board’s discretion, members shall forfeit their mooring or dry sail space if their sailboat or mooring has not been utilized for more than two years.
4. Sailboats stored on Club grounds that require a Wisconsin registration shall display a current DNR registration sticker and have current proof of insurance on file.
5. Dry sail space is limited to one boat per membership, and the boat shall be on a trailer that can be easily moved. The Club reserves the right to move boats/trailers without notice for space/optimization reasons.
6. Boat trailers shall clearly display the owner’s name in large lettering on the tongue/drawbar of the trailer.
7. Members shall purchase summer trailer storage in order to keep an unloaded sailboat trailer at the Club.
8. The upper lot is for dry sail space, vehicle parking and unloaded trailer storage during the sailing season. The lower lot is for dry sailboats on trailers only. Vehicle parking in the lower lot is prohibited.
9. Dry sail boats shall have an assigned space in the upper or lower lot as determined by the Beachmaster based on boat size, frequency of use and time of request. Assigned spaces can change without notice.
10. The launching ramp dock is only for member sailboat and club-owned committee boat launching and
retrieving. Members shall not leave a boat tied to a dock unoccupied/unattended.
11. Members with moorings are permitted to store a member-owned dinghy up to 10 feet in length on the Club’s dinghy rack in spaces assigned by the Beachmaster. The owner's name shall be visible.
12. Members are permitted to leave a Club dinghy tied to a mooring, provided at least one Club dinghy is available on shore. Members shall return Club dinghies to the designated location, turned over and looped to the anchor rod, and oars and life jackets to the wooden beach box.
13. Swimming by the Club beach is permitted; however, there is no lifeguard on duty and children shall be accompanied by an adult Club member.
14. Dogs shall be kept on a leash and under control at all times. Pet owners are responsible for picking up after their pets.
15. Use of the clubhouse is a shared resource for all members. The clubhouse shall not be used as overnight sleeping quarters without board consideration and approval.
16. Please clean up after yourself! The kitchen, bathroom, cooking grills, picnic tables, etc. are the responsibility of all those who use them. Please separate aluminum cans, plastic, and glass bottles for recycling.
17. Guests are welcome when accompanied by Club members. Requests for larger groups (five or more guests) shall be made to the board for consideration and approval.