Annual membership is open to individuals 18 years and older. The Club’s mission is to promote recreational sailing, conduct races and regattas and provide a clubhouse and grounds for members and their guests to enjoy. Sailboat ownership is not required. We are an all-volunteer organization and members are encouraged to help out with social events and Club maintenance.
If you are interested in sailing or learning to sail, Club membership is a great way to connect with knowledgeable sailors. If you want to become a member or would like more information about the club, please complete the Membership Interest Form and we'll contact you to discuss your interests and how to get started. For information about moorings and how to safely moor your sailboat, visit our Mooring section.
2023 Printable Calendar
Rules and Guidelines of the Lake Wissota Yacht Club
Adopted by the Board of Directors ( Rev. 7/2022)
1. LWYC Membership and fees paid in full by March 15th will reserve the mooring and/or dry sail space used by the member in the prior year, provided the rules below are followed.
2. Members may not launch, store or moor a boat at the Club until membership and fees are paid in full.
3. A member must purchase either dry sail space or a mooring in order to keep a sailboat at the Club other than a Lawn Boat.
4. Sailboats that remain idle (not sailed) for two consecutive summer seasons lose their mooring or dry sail space at the Club and must be removed from the lot.*
5. Sailboats over 12 feet stored on Club grounds must display a not expired DNR registration and have current proof of insurance on file.
6. Dry sail space is limited to one boat per membership, and the boat must be on a trailer that can be easily moved. The Club reserves the right to move boats/trailers without notice for space/optimization reasons.
7. Boat trailers must clearly display the owner’s name in large lettering on the tongue/drawbar of the trailer.
8. Members must purchase summer trailer storage in order to keep an unloaded sailboat trailer at the Club.
9. The upper lot is for dry sail space, vehicle parking and unloaded trailer storage during the sailing season. The lower lot is for dry sailboats on trailers only. Vehicle parking in the lower lot is prohibited.
10. Dry sail boats will have an assigned space in the upper or lower lot as determined by the Beachmaster based on boat size, frequency of use and time of request. Assigned spaces may change without notice.
11. The launching ramp dock is only for member sailboat and club-owned committee boat launching and retrieving. Members should not leave a boat tied to a dock unoccupied/unattended.
12. Member-owned dinghies up to 10 feet in length may be stored at the Club on the dinghy rack in spaces assigned by the Beachmaster. The owner's name must be visible.
13. If a Club dinghy is left tied to a mooring, at least one Club dinghy must be available on shore. After use, pull the dinghy high on the beach, turn it over, loop to the anchor rod and store the oars and life jackets in the wooden beach box.
14. Swimming is permitted, however; there is no lifeguard on duty and children must be accompanied by an adult Club member.
15. Dogs must be kept on a leash and under control at all times. Pet owners are responsible for picking up after their pets.
16. Please clean up after yourself! The kitchen, bathroom, cooking grills, picnic tables, etc. are the responsibility of all those who use them. Please separate aluminum cans, plastic, and glass bottles for recycling.
17. Guests are welcome when accompanied by Club members. Requests for larger groups (five or more guests) must be made to the board for consideration and approval.
18. The General Rule is “PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF OTHERS!” Let’s go sailing!!!
*Active use policies were enacted in response to high demand for both moorings and dry sail space at the club. The goal of these policies is to ensure we provide optimal access for as many active sailors as possible. If you have any questions about the policy or how it may affect you, contact the Harbormaster or Beachmaster.